Site Meter Curse of Senility: Server First! (?) Heroic Training Dummy...

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Server First! (?) Heroic Training Dummy...

So, I was running around Stormwind on a lowbie earlier, looking for a stockades group. And I happened upon something peculiar: the Heroic Training Dummy, usually at about 11 million hit points, was down to a paltry 2.5 million. This was a job for a hit-capped level 80 affliction warlock, who had never quite been able to get a decent reading on how much the 3 points he put in Death's Embrace (Improved crit chance when the mob is below 35%) really helped him.



Quite a bit as it turns out. That's an increase of about 250 damage per second over my normal peak of 2.5. I usually only hit 2.2 on the training dummy, so this improvement seems to indicate why I tend to do better on real bosses.

It was a long battle. Recount clocked it at about 20 minutes I think.I don't know for sure though, for I was far too intent on the zen of casting rotations to take a look at the clock, or even screencap during most of the fight (screenshot lag causes lack of rhythm which causes slight drops in DPS!) However, I can tell you that after long minutes of furious battlecasting...


I emerged victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment